There are three ways to make a payment for a credit card bill in Mobills, simulating a real situation: Total payment, Partial payment, and Payment in advance!
In this article "Credit Card: Differences between total payment, partial payment and payment in advance" you can learn more about the difference between each one in order to be sure about what kind of payment to make in Mobills!
Check below how to perform the three types of invoice payments on the iOS platform!
1. On Mobills dashboard, tap 'Credit cards' and choose the card which you want to pay your invoice. Posteriorly, on the card screen, touch the three dots on the top:
Total Payment, as its name implies, is the full payment of the invoice after closing. If you have questions about the closing date, check out this article: Closing Date and Due Date. For example (picture below): If the invoice closed with the value of $ 195.00, the Total Payment pays this amount at one time. It is the most traditional method of paying a credit card bill.
1. After first steps, tap the option 'Pay invoice':
3. Check out the three information and touch 'Pay':
Partial Payment is the payment of any amount lower than the total amount of the invoice, which means, only part of the total amount. When making a partial payment, the invoice is closed and the difference (total amount - amount paid) is posted as an expense in the next month's invoice. The expenses of the invoice that was partially paid will be unified from the expenses screen and will become a called 'Partial Payment'. In addition, you can partially pay the invoice only once.
1. Also in the floating menu inside the selected card, touch 'Partial payment':
2. Enter the amount you will partially pay, check the three information and tap 'Pay':
Payment in Advance
The Payment in Advance allows you to pay an outstanding invoice so that the amount is lower at the time it closes. For example, your open invoice is worth $685.00 and you would like to advance $400.00. When you advance this payment, the invoice will close with the amount of $285.00! Early payment (other than partial) doesn't close the invoice and you can make more than one advance payment on the same invoice, dropping whatever amount you prefer until the invoice closing day.
1. Also in the options of the card's expenses screen, touch 'Advance payment':
2. Enter the amount you will pay in advance, check the three information and tap 'Pay':
You can pay a credit card invoice when you want, just follow the same steps! Pretty useful, huh? 😀