A great way to organize your incomes and expenses on Mobills is using tags. Tags usually work like a label you can add to your transactions.
Just like categories, tags can be used to group up transactions, however, they are way more flexible than categories, as multiple tags can be applied to a single expense or income. To visualize all your transactions that have a specific tag, you can use filters.
Let's suppose you have a category named 'Food'. On this category, you register all your food-related expenses, but you want to know how much you spend only on weekday lunches.
To do that, when you register a lunch expense, not only you add them to the 'Food' category, but you will also add the tags 'lunch' and 'weekday'. By doing that, it will be a lot easier to see how much you spent on your weekday lunches. All you have to do to visualize it is filter your expenses by tag on the expenses menu.
This article has the following topics:
How to create tags
- On the main screen, touch the button 'More information' (the three dots) that is on the inferior tab. After that, press Manage and then Tags.
Touch the '+' symbol to create a new tag.
- Touch 'save'.
How to apply tags
- When adding a transaction, press 'More details'.
- After that, press Tags and then choose which listed tags you wish to add to this transaction. You can also create a new tag by typing its name.
- After selecting your tag, press 'Save'.
How to filter tags
- On your expenses or incomes list menu, touch the filter icon that is on the superior tab.
- Touch the tag icon and then select which tags you wish to see on your filter.
How to edit and delete tags
- On your Tags menu (the same accessed to create tags), press the button that shows a pencil on the inferior part of the screen. To delete a tag, touch the trash bin icon and to edit it, touch the pencil.
- When you wish to delete it, after touching the trash bin icon, touch delete. Done! Your tag was deleted.