A simple way to identify an income is categorizing it. This allows you to identify how much you receive by salary, commissions, gifts and other resources, then you can plan how to increase your income.
In this article, we'll show you how to manage your transactions identifying them as Categories.
Creating a Category for Expenses or Incomes
It's possible to manage the categories at the moment you're registering an expense or income.
On the main screen, tap "+" on the lower right corner, then choose between register an expense or an income:
P.S: all steps bellow are valid for Expenses and Incomes.
- Fill in the information as value, date, description, then select the desired category:
- If the category you're looking for doesn't exist, tap on Create new Category:
Choose the title of the category, the color and the icon that you find most appropriate, then tap done:
Edit Categories for Expenses or Incomes
- To EDIT a category, tap "Manage categories", then make the changes you need:
- On the categories screen, you can navigate through the expense or income categories:
Tapping on ➕ allows you to add subcategories to your categories
Tapping on this icon , you can choose between Edit icon, Edit, Archive or Move transactions
Archive or Delete a Category
- Choose the category you want to archive, then tap the three dots beside the category and tap Archive.
- To access archived categories, touch the archive box and choose one of the two existing options: Restore or Delete.
When archiving or deleting a category, make sure there isn't a transaction linked to it. What can happen if there are transactions linked to a category that I want to delete or archive? They will be erased or archived!
P.S: you can access the categories screen through the Mobills home screen. Go to More (...) > Manage > Categories. 😉